Featherstroke Logo

Thursday 5 May 2016

Katy Perry New Makeup Line

Katy Perry Is Launching Her First-Ever Makeup Line With CoverGirl! Learn All About Her Katy Kat Collaboration!

Exciting news that everyone has been waiting for and that is Katy Perry Makeup Line.

The collection boasts 13 different demi-matte lipsticks — including a bold, black shade — and 11 of those hues are already available for pre-sale at Walmart!
Ch-ch-check out all the creative colors (below)!
The brunette beauty dished to Vogue about why lipstick is such a huge part of the cool collab, saying:
“I just need a lipstick to make my face come to life!”
The gorgeous gal also explained why she opted for a matte makeup rather than a glistening gloss, spilling:
“Personally, I love a matte finish more than a gloss because a gloss gets all over everything. I want to put my lipstick on once in the early morning and not have to think about it for quite a few hours, you know?
But there’s more to KP’s line than lips!
Katy Kat also features both black and blue mascara! The AH-mazing artist says the unique hues were actually inspired by what she saw on social media, specifically Instagram and Tumblr:
“I wanted to push the envelope with CoverGirl. You know, a black lipstick or a blue mascara is very TumblrI told them, this is what’s happening online, this is what everyone’s Instagramming. Tumblr is where I grab all my inspiration from. I follow really cool people that are just being themselves, and then I start to follow their friends. I’m a bit of a voyeur because no one really knows I’m watching their lives.”
The powerful performer opened up about how she could experiment with makeup as a child while she didn’t have access to much else:
“I was always experimenting with makeup. What’s so interesting is that even though I grew up in a sheltered household, even though I wasn’t allowed to wear thongs or anything like that, my mom would say, You should put on a little lipstick’from age 12! It was very strange, but I was wearing lipstick of all colors from 12 and 13. I’d use it on my cheeks, my eyes, and I was very into classic reds. When I started developing my own sense of style, I thought I was a pinup girl. I was obsessed with them at 13: I’d do a black liner and a red lipstick and that was my go-to.”
Already picking out your fave Katy Kat products? Well they’re set to hit shelves in July!
[Images via CoverGirl.]

No comments:

Post a Comment