Featherstroke Logo

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Secrets for Brides-To-Be For a Perfect Day

Ah, your wedding day.  One of the most special and important days in your life.  With a bit of planning you can ensure that this will be a memorable and magic day. 

12 Things to Know Before Your Wedding Day

Chelsea shares some tips she learned of her big day in the hope that what she share will help other brides-to-be on their special day.
 Don’t wear heels for your rehearsal, unless you’re a frequent heel wearer.wedding shoes - image
I’m not a big heel wearer because I’m tall enough sans shoes.  But I wore 3 inch wedges for our wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  HUGE mistake.  I was struggling to walk in my 2 inch heels 3 hours into my wedding day.  If you do wear heels for your rehearsal pop on some flats for the rest of the evening, especially if your feet aren’t conditioned to walk in heels.
Hold your bouquet low.wedding bouquet - image
I cringe when I see brides holding their bouquets up by their faces.  It may feel weird to hold it low, but trust me, it looks so much better. Before walking down the aisle with my dad and stepdad, I held my bouquet where I wanted it and told them to hook my arms.  Do the same with whoever walks you down the aisle.


 Baby wipes are your best friend.
We did First Look photos outside before our ceremony, which meant that the bottom hem of my dress was dirty even though I picked it up when I walked around.  When my bridal party and I got to our ceremony venue, my Maid of Honor busted out some baby wipes and went to town cleaning the hem of my dress.  The baby wipes were magical– taking all the dirt off my dress.  When I walked down the aisle no one could tell how dirty it was 30 minutes earlier.   Note: My dress was satin.  Make sure you can use baby wipes on your dress material.
Have your Maid of Honor practice bustling your dress before the wedding day.
Having your Maid of Honor (or whoever will be bustling your dress) practice bustling your dress before your big day will save time.  If possible, have her accompany you to your last fitting so your seamstress can show her how to do it.  Note: I had a one-point bustle and it held strong all night, never breaking.  I credit my seamstress using Ric-Rac ribbon.
Bustle 1 - imageBustle 2 - image
“In the above pictures you see a before picture of the train on the left. Then take a look at what the train looks like on the right after the ballroom bustle has been hooked up.
Click here for more vital tips on planning your wedding day

No comments:

Post a Comment